The Assistant Taproom Manager will be responsible for assisting the General Manager in the operation of the Jackalope Taproom. The ideal candidate in this position must thrive in a lively, fast-paced environment. Strong leadership and personnel management skills should be accompanied by a customer service orientation and commitment to Jackalope Brewing Company’s values and image. The Assistant Taproom Manager pays close attention to all operational details to ensure the comfort, safety and enjoyment of guests and job satisfaction of staff, as well as the financial success of the Taproom.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversees Shift Leaders and Bartenders for the Taproom.
- Takes weekly inventory of beer/food and monthly inventory of merchandise/other items as needed.
- Coordinates with General Manager on private and special events. On site for all major Jackalope events.
- Counts and secures money at the end of the day.
- Created relationships with customers and monitors taproom to ensure our patrons have a positive experience.
- Assists in scheduling, hiring, and staff training for the Taproom.
- Resolve customer questions and complaints promptly and according to JBC guidelines
- Oversees cleanliness of Taproom and prep area, paying special attention to possible health hazards and code violations.
- Oversees maintenance issues & concerns along with the Taproom General Manager.
- Though most of the Taproom Assistant Manager’s duties are onsite, the Taproom Management (i.e., either the Assistant Manager or General Manager) will be responsible for up to 2 off premise events a month. These events could be tastings at retail partners, festivals or anything in between.
- Sources new vendors/products for the taproom as needed.
- Other duties and tasks that may be necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Technical/Professional Knowledge:
- Accepts responsibility for projects and meeting deadlines, assists in establishing project schedules and setting priorities. Able to effectively handle pressure situations.
- Uses established processes, equipment and/or programs to complete job tasks, recommends process improvements/solutions, and audits, controls, maintains or modifies processes and procedures in one’s discipline.
- Demonstrates effective written and verbal communications including persuasive and effective writing skills.
- Helps to ensure company compliance with federal and state laws and statutes, as well as company policies and plan administration.
- Level of professional expertise elicits respect and confidence from work group.
The Assistant Taproom Manager should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure own behavior and the behavior of others are consistent with these standards and align with the values of the organization.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Decision Making/Analysis: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization. Independent problem solver.
- Organization: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Plan: Help determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
Knowledge of Jackalope Brewing Company:
- Develop thorough knowledge of the structure and culture of Jackalope Brewing Company and establishes contacts/relationships within the enterprise that most frequently relate to area of expertise.
- Possess thorough knowledge of company operating policies and compliance regulations.
High School Diploma
The preceding job description has been designed to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive summary of all responsibilities, duties and effort required of employees assigned to this job. At the discretion of management, this description may be changed at any time to address the evolving needs of the organization.
Equal Opportunity Statement: Jackalope Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.