Position: Sales Representative
Revised: Feb 3, 2021
The Sales Representative will be responsible for increasing Jackalope sales by working with distributors, restaurants, and retail locations to place Jackalope products and helping these business partners determine the products they need.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work together with Management and the Marketing Director to execute detailed, quantifiable sales strategies for on-premise, off-premise, e-commerce, independent and chain accounts, designed to grow sales.
- Brand training with distributors, retailers, and consumers.
- Perform data analysis regularly as to drive actions that support our growth.
- Maintain social media accounts that promote Jackalope and support accounts.
- Meet individual and company sales targets, aligned with distributor targets.
- Identify new sales opportunities and follow up on existing accounts for business development.
- Call on existing and prospective clients and inform them about new products.
Accept, understand, and resolve distributor and retail account concerns.
- Fully understand the characteristics of all Jackalope products and be able to converse easily on the specifics of each.
- Manage distributor inventory, using brewery software (Craft Portal & VIP).
- Represent the brewery at festivals, tastings, and other promotional events.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Technical/Professional Knowledge:
- Accepts responsibility for projects and meeting deadlines, assists in establishing project schedules and setting priorities. Able to effectively handle pressure situations.
- Uses established processes, equipment and/or programs to complete job tasks, recommends process improvements/solutions, and audits, controls, maintains or modifies processes and procedures in one’s discipline.
- Demonstrates effective written and verbal communications including persuasive and effective writing skills.
- Helps to ensure company compliance with federal and state laws and statutes, as well as company policies and plan administration.
- Level of professional expertise elicits respect and confidence from work group.
The Sales Representative should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure own behavior and the behavior of others are consistent with these standards and align with the values of the organization.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Decision Making/Analysis: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization. Independent problem solver.
- Organization: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Plan: Help determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
Knowledge of Jackalope Brewing Company:
- Develop thorough knowledge of the structure and culture of Jackalope Brewing Company and establishes contacts/relationships within the enterprise that most frequently relate to area of expertise.
- Possess thorough knowledge of company operating policies and compliance regulations.
- Understand goals for the production as they relate to other aspects of the brewery.
- High School Diploma
- 2+ years sales or marketing experience
- Entry level salary
- Health benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance plans)
- Allowance for car & phone
The preceding job description has been designed to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive summary of all responsibilities, duties and effort required of employees assigned to this job. At the discretion of management, this description may be changed at any time to address the evolving needs of the organization.
Equal Opportunity Statement: Jackalope Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.