The Quality Control Specialist will be responsible for all aspects of quality control of the brewery’s production facilities, assuring company standards are maintained and product integrity is preserved. The QC Specialist will consult with the production team to resolve quality, production, and efficiency related problems. The QC Specialist functions as an information source to the production team for quality standards and issues.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works with Head Brewer to develop standardized practices for analytical testing of product from wort to packaged beer
- Performs sterile sampling and microbiological testing at all key stages (plating, PCR, etc)
- Establishing and maintaining sensory panel testing
- Daily fermentation log testing (pH, gravity, etc)
- DO, CO2, seam, and shelf life testing of packaged beer
- Yeast strain maintenance and cell counts
- Maintains a clean laboratory working environment
- Provide quality control assistance to retail and distribution staff
- May be asked to help on the packaging line at times
- While the Quality Control Specialist will not be required to attend festivals or events, they are encouraged to do so. We see you as a part of our family and a representative of the brewery.
- Other duties and tasks that may be necessary
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the beer brewing/fermentation process
- Excellent organization skills and experience with project management
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Accepts responsibility for projects and meeting deadlines, assists in establishing project schedules and setting priorities
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and work assignments from a variety of staff and volunteers
- Able to effectively handle pressure situations
- Strong customer service ethic and high expectations for quality
- Demonstrates effective written and verbal communications including persuasive and effective writing skills
- Knowledge and passion for the craft beer industry
- Proficient using the Web to conduct research, event administration and procurement as well as with the latest versions of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Bachelor of Science (or higher) in Chemistry, Biochemistry or a related field
- Laboratory experience
- Brewery experience a plus
The preceding job description has been designed to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive summary of all responsibilities, duties and effort required of employees assigned to this job. At the discretion of management, this description may be changed at any time to address the evolving needs of the organization.
Jackalope Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.